Wednesday, April 05, 2006

And my Response to Democracy in Action

Dear Jason,

I am so glad that Democracy in Action is thinking internationally. What form would you like future "dialogue" to take? Maybe you could just keep me in the loop as DiA discusses this topic. In addition, there is a group of aid workers, interested expats, and Moroccans that are investigating applications of digital democracy in developing contexts. I will mention DiA to them and see what they think.

Incidentally, I don't think it's necessary or even desirable to make your product completely free to developing world organizations. Even a small fee makes the consumer value the product more and makes the buyer of the software a client and not a recipient of aid or charity. I think the more equal the power dynamic between the purveyor and consumer of technology, the better.

Best,
Mary

categories: redefining democratization_, Morocco_, the "developing world"_

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?